Your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to any party other than what is outlined in this Policy, nor will it be used for any other purpose than what was originally intended.
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Jelly Bean Maternity collects a range of personal information about our clients and prospective clientele that may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Mailing and street address
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Health fund details
- Medicare card number
- Medical history
- Occupation and employer
- Lifestyle and hobbies
- Bank and credit card details
- Details of products you have purchased; and
- Any information that relates to you, that you provide to us directly through our website, email, written letters, and phone conversations.
We collect your personal information directly from you through the following methods:
- New patient form
- Purchase over-the-counter products
- Online enquiry through our website
- Enquiry or complaint
- Incoming calls; and
- Enter a competition
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as:
- Third party government agencies (like the Department of Veteran Affairs and Medicare)
- Private health insurers
- Solicitors, lawyers, and worker’s compensation companies; and
- Medical professionals (such as general practitioners, allied health professionals, specialists etc).
Collecting, Keeping, Using, and Disclosing Your Information
We collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with the best possible health care, as well as to maintain a high level of quality customer service. Further purposes for us in collecting personal information include:
- Administrative purpose in running our clinics
- Billing purposes
- Accreditation and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management
- Direct marketing purposes, mail, and email reminders
- For the purposes of research and statistical analysis (only where de-identified information is used)
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements
- Sending communication to you about our products and services
- Advise you if a clinic will be closing down, merging or relocating
- Update your records and keep your contact details current
Jelly Bean Maternity may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide patient and clients with products and services
- Respond to enquiries and online queries
- To improve our products and services
- Develop and improve our website
- Direct marketing purposes, mail and email reminders
- Remind patients of upcoming appointments in the form of phone call, SMS or email
- Advise of upcoming promotions
- Inform a patient or client they have won a competition
- To disclose to others involved in your health care, including health care providers outside Jelly Bean Maternity.
- Respond to complaints and compliments you have made
Keeping Your Information Safe
We take appropriate security measures to keep your personal information protected, managed confidentially and securely, and destroyed appropriately when no longer required. We will monitor and implement appropriate technical advances or management processes to safeguard personal information.
A confidentiality agreement is entered into by all employees, contractors, and agents at the time of their employment or engagement with us protecting the privacy of individuals. We view unauthorised disclosure as a serious breach of misconduct by our employees, contractors, and agents. If the disclosure of personal information is breached, disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
We endeavour to keep your information relevant, accurate, complete, and up to date. When you arrive for an appointment, the receptionist at your clinic may request confirmation that your details have not changed. If you require your personal information to be updated, please contact your clinic.
Patients and clients can request to have copies of their personal information, clinical notes, images, and reports sent to them or a third party by contacting one of our centres to obtain a Release of Personal Information Consent Form. Your personal information will not be released unless a consent form has been signed, received, and processed by the clinic. We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes and uses for which we have advised that we are collecting it, and for related purposes that you would reasonably expect
- Where we have the consent by you to do so
- As required by law, or
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act.
[We do not disclose your personal information to recipients located overseas.]
Complaints regarding a breach of your privacy
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you can communicate your concerns in writing on the contact details provided below. Your complaint will be investigated, and you will receive a written response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response, you may lodge a privacy complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have any questions or comments about the management of your personal information, would like to correct your personal information, wish to opt out of receiving information from us, or wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, we can be contacted through:
Jelly Bean 3D baby Imaging Non-Medical Obstetric Imaging Scans
Nicholson Street Specialist Centre
83 Nicholson Street
Greenslopes Qld 4120
T: 07 3188 5168
While Jelly Bean 3D baby Imaging Non-Medical Obstetric Imaging Scans hope that we will be able to resolve any complaint you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also wish to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).